War with Russia: An Urgent Warning from Senior Military Command by General Sir Richard Shirreff (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.74+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'You fail to read this book at your peril' - Admiral James G Stavridis, US Navy, former Supreme Allied Commander Europe. Closely modelled on his NATO experience of war gaming future conflicts, 2017 War With Russia is a chilling account of where we are heading if we fail to recognise the threat posed by the Russian president. Written by the recently retired Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe and endorsed by senior military figures, this book shows how war with Russia could erupt with the bloodiest and most appalling consequences if the necessary steps are t taken urgently. President Putin said: 'We have all the reasons to believe that the policy of containment of Russia which was happening in the 18th, 19th and 20th century is still going on...' And 'If you press the spring, it will release at some point. Something you should remember.' Like any 'strongman', the Russian president's reputation for strength is everything. Lose momentum, fail to give the people what they want and he fails. The President has already demonstrated that he has intention of failing. He has already started a lethal dynamic which, unless checked right w, could see him invade the Baltic states. Russia's invasion and seizure of Georgia in 2008 was our 'Rhineland moment'. We igred the warning signs - as we did back in the 1930s - and we made it 'business as usual'. Crimea in 2014 was the President's 'Sudetenland moment' and again he got away with it. Since 2014 Russia has invaded Ukraine. The Baltics could be next. Our political leaders assume that nuclear deterrence will save us. General Sir Richard Shirreff shows us why this will t wash.
- Author BiographyBorn in Kenya in 1955 where he spent his early years, Richard Shirreff commissioned into the British Army as a cavalry officer after reading history at Oxford. In his 37 years of service he commanded soldiers on operations from the most junior to the most senior levels. He saw combat as a tank commander in the First Gulf War, experienced many of the complexities of Northern Ireland during his three tours there and learned first-hand the challenges of bringing peace to the Balkans in both Kosovo and Bosnia. He returned to Iraq as a multinational commander in 2006-7. When not in command he spent time either being educated in the art and science of war on a succession of different command and staff courses or in a range of posts as a formulator or executor of policy in the Ministry of Defence and Army Headquarters. His last seven years in uniform were spent in two senior NATO command posts: Commander of the Allied Rapid Reaction Corps and Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe; the Alliance's deputy strategic commander and the most senior British general in the Alliance. Since leaving the Army he has set up Strategia Worldwide, a risk management consultancy.
- Author(s)General Sir Richard Shirreff
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCoronet Books
- Weight582 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.83
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.