All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionFinally one-stop shopping for everything you need for your introductory majors course! Building upon the long-standing strengths of Wardlaw's Perspectives in Nutrition, the ninth edition author team has taken a garden-fresh approach to revising this highly regarded text. Every paragraph has been scrutinized to ensure that students are exposed to scientific content and concepts that are explained accurately and precisely, and in high-interest fashion that will draw students into their first study of nutrition science. Students will benefit from a carefully crafted text that brings them up-to-date scientific thinking and research blended with dynamic activities that will allow them to apply their kwledge to their own lives and future careers. A truly exciting enhancement to the ninth edition is the ground-breaking inclusion of digital tools that are integrated to a greater degree than those offered by any other publisher. Instructors will have the ability to assign auto-graded coursework and tutorials that are assessed against Learning Outcomes. The textbook content also serves as the basis for an adaptive, diagstic self-learning tool for students that will help them acquire mastery and improved grades. Hot out of the oven, the ninth edition of Perspectives in Nutrition brings together the very best of print and digital techlogy in a single cohesive learning experience. Users who purchase Connect Plus receive access to the full online ebook version of the textbook.
- Author BiographyCarol Byrd-Bredbenner, Ph.D., R.D., FAND, received her doctorate from Pennsylvania State University. Currently, she is Professor in the Nutritional Sciences Department at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. She teaches a wide range of undergraduate and graduate nutrition courses. Her research interests focus on investigating environmental factors that affect dietary choices and health outcomes. Dr. Byrd-Bredbenner has authored numerous nutrition texts, journal articles, and computer software packages. She has received teaching awards from the American Dietetic Association (now called the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics), Society for Nutrition Education, and U.S. Department of Agriculture. She was the recipient of the American Dietetic Association's Anita Owen Award for Innovative Nutrition Education Programs. She also was a Fellow of the United Nations, World Health Organization at the WHO Collaborating Center for Nutrition Education, University of Athens, Greece. She enjoys exploring food and culinary customs, traveling, diving, and gardening. Gaile L. Moe, Ph. D., R.D., earned a doctorate in nutritional sciences at the University of Washington. She is a registered dietitian who has worked in clinical nutrition, research, and management, as well as education. She is currently Professor and Director of the Didactic Program in Dietetics at Seattle Pacific University. She has published in peer-reviewed journals in the areas of nutrition and cancer and media reporting of nutrition research. Gaile enjoys swimming, cycling, walking, and hiking, along with learning about culinary traditions, food, and food policy. He obtained his doctorate in Nutrition and Chemical disiologicaen at the University of California-Davis. At the present time he is Associate Professor at San DiegoState University (SDSU), Where he teaches introduction to nutrition, and clinical nutrition, to students of undergraduate and post graduate degrees in the School of Exercise and Nutritional Science in the Global Health Program in the School of Public Health at San Diego State University(SDSU). His research and publications in magazines focus on the assessment of riesgonutricional in athletes older and people with chronic disease. Before his tenure at the University Dr. Beshgetoor worked as the and as a clinical dietitian. He is an active member of the American Society of Nutrition(ASN). Enjoys the music, hiking, biking, hiking on the beach, windsurfing, as well as spend time with family, friends, Taz and Toby. Jacqueline R. Berning, P h.D., R. D., CSSD , earned her doctorate in nutrition from Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado. She is currently Professor and Chair of the Health Science Department at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS), where she has won numerous teaching awards. Dr. Berning is published in the area of sports dietetics and was the sport dietitian for the Denver Broncos for over 25 years, Cleveland Indians for 18 years, and Colorado Rockies for 10 years. Currently she is the sport dietitian for UCCS athletics and US Lacrosse. She is active in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, where she served as the chair of the Program Planning Committee for FNCE and is currently Chair of the Appeals Committee. In 2014, Dr. Berning was awarded the Mary Abbot Hess Award for Culinary Events for teaching the University of Colorado football team how to grocery shop and cook. Additionally, she served 6 years as an ADA spokesperson and is a former chair of the Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutritionists dietetics practice group. She enjoys walking, hiking, and gardening.
- Author(s)Carol Byrd-Bredbenner,Donna Beshgetoor,Gaile Moe,Jacqueline R. Berning
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Out-of-print date02/02/2016
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. ports.
- Weight2290 g
- Width223 mm
- Height294 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.