All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWarfare: A Visual History combines historical engravings and diagrams with an engaging modern text to create a visual study of humankind's extraordinary ingenuity in inventing new ways to wage war. A chrological and geographical study of arms and armour is followed by a separate section that provides thumbnail studies of individual items of militaria-from swords to siege engines, from helmets to handguns-so that the researcher can choose to study a particular era or seek an evolutionary overview. Navigational features include coloured tabs with cross-references, timelines of key battles and inventions, and silhouettes of warriors through time.
- Author BiographyTim Newark (London, UK) is widely published in the field of military history. He became editor of Military Illustrated magazine in 1993, and has acted as consultant for television documentary series including Heroes & Weapons of WW2 screened by The History Channel and BBC Worldwide. His publications include Camouflage (Thames & Hudson, 2007), written to accompany the Imperial War Museum exhibition
- PublisherThe Ivy Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Ivy Press
- Width196 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byTim Newark
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.