All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplore Andy Warhol's surprising, lifelong engagement with nature as subject matter for his artistic practice. While he was well kwn for his responsiveness to popular culture and advertising, Warhol simultaneously engaged with the natural world through his work, depicting landscapes, flora, and fauna in invative and surprising ways. Accompanying the exhibition Warhol's Nature, organised by Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and featuring works drawn primarily from the collections of the Andy Warhol Museum, this fully illustrated book covers every decade of the Pop icon's long career, from his earliest drawings as a commercial illustrator through his later paintings of flowers and wildlife. Gain fresh perspective on artworks like Warhol's Self-Portrait in his infamous fright wig overlaid with camouflage, the iconic Flowers series of the 1960s, rarely seen photographs, and more. Essays by Warhol scholars and experts offer further insight into this understudied yet vitally important strain of the artist's career.
- Author BiographyChad Alligood is a curator at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas, with a focus on American artsince 1900.
- Author(s)Chad Alligood
- PublisherScala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintScala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- Content Note60 colour
- Weight318 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.