All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWarlord's Gold, the fifth vel in The Civil War Chronicles, Michael Arld's acclaimed series of historical thrillers, sees battle-scarred hero, Captain Stryker, 'the Sharpe of the Civil War' on a quest to recover lost treasure. Autumn,1643. As an increasingly bitter war rages across England, Captain Incent Stryker leaves Oxford with orders to recover a lost treasure, vital to the success of the Royalist cause. But a seemingly simple mission to the remote Scilly Isles is soon jeopardised, for enemies lie in wait. A formidable Parliamentarian agent has been sent ahead of Stryker's force, intent on defeating Royalist plans. Feared by ally and enemy alike, he is a man whose determination is only matched by his hatred for Stryker. The quest for the gold takes Stryker across storm-ravaged seas, through enemy territory and finally to the Royalist stronghold of Basing House. And it is there that Stryker will face his most dangerous challenge yet.
- Author BiographyMichael Arnold lives in Petersfield, Hampshire with his wife and young son. After childhood holidays spent visiting castles and battlefields, he developed a lifelong fascination with the Civil Wars and is a member of Earl Rivers' Regiment of Foote in The Sealed Knot.
- Author(s)Michael Arnold
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleStryker
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Weight332 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.