Warpaths: Travels of a Military Historian in North America by John Keegan (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeography and military history have come to explain each other in North America as they do where else in the world. From the arrival of the Europenans in the 16th century to the final defeat of the native Americans in the 19th, climate and competition for resources explain why men fortified where they did, campaigned as they did and were drawn to the battlefields where the control of the continent was decided. Warpaths begins with the establishment of New France on the St Lawrence River and the French conflicts with the Indians and British - culminating with the English defeat at Yorktown. There follows Civil War between North and South, as well as the Indian wars. The book ends with the final twist in the story of European warfare in North America, as American and Canadian forces arrive to save Britain and liberate France in the Second World War.
- Author BiographyJohn Keegan is the Defence Editor of the Daily Telegraph and Britain's foremost military historian. The Reith Lecturer in 1998, he is the author of many bestselling books including The Face of Battle, Six Armies in Normandy, Battle at Sea, The Second World War, A History of Warfare (awarded the Duff Cooper Prize), Warpaths, The Battle for History, The First World War, and most recently, Intelligence in War. For many years John Keegan was the Senior Lecturer in Military History at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, and he has been a Fellow of Princeton University and Delmas Distinguished Professor of History at Vassar. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. He received the OBE in the Gulf War honours list, and was knighted in the Millennium honours list in 1999. John Keegan died in August 2012.
- Author(s)John Keegan
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/10/1996
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1
- Weight275 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.