All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionPresident Nixon's former counsel illuminates ather presidency marked by scandalWarren G. Harding may be best kwn as America's worst president. Scandals plagued him: the Teapot Dome affair, corruption in the Veterans Bureau and the Justice Department, and the posthumous revelation of an extramarital affair. Raised in Marion, Ohio, Harding took hold of the small town's newspaper and turned it into a success. Showing a talent for local politics, he rose quickly to the U.S. Senate. His presidential campaign slogan, America's present need is t heroics but healing, t strums but rmalcy, gave voice to a public exhausted by the intense politics following World War I. Once elected, he pushed for legislation limiting the number of immigrants; set high tariffs to relieve the farm crisis after the war; persuaded Congress to adopt unified federal budget creation; and reduced income taxes and the national debt, before dying unexpectedly in 1923. In this wise and compelling biography, John W. Dean stranger to controversy himself recovers the truths and explodes the myths surrounding our twenty-ninth president's tarnished legacy.
- Author BiographyJohn W. Dean served as Richard Nixon's White House counsel for a thousand days. He is the author of two books recounting his days in the Nixon administration, Blind Ambition and Lost Honor, as well as Unmasking Deep Throat. A native of Marion, Ohio, he lives in Beverly Hills, California.
- Author(s)John W. Dean
- PublisherTimes Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationWestminster
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimes Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight419 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.