Warrior Women: 3000 Years of Courage and Heroism by Rosalind Miles, Robin Cross (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 14 Feb
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom earliest times, women gained access to leadership in times of conflict and proved themselves equal to the challenge of commanding during war. Women leaders abounded in the ancient world from Ireland to Israel, sometimes through the accident of birth, but often rising to power through naked opportunism and raw courage in the ranks - and it is accident that women war leaders, like men, are often famous for their strong sexual drive. Wherever there is war, there has often been a woman at the helm. Later ages frequently wrote these women out of history, but their stories have refused to die. From the legendary leader of the Amazons who fought the greatest of Greek heroes, Achilles, to the Iron Ladies of today, the women of both West and East directing military campaigns and leading their countries in war. Presenting an array of fascinating and sometimes little kwn women war leaders, popular author Rosalind Miles and the acclaimed military historian Robin Cross do full justice to the achievements of these women, some of whose amazing stories have so far never been told. Warrior women include: Penthesilea the Amazons queen, Deborah, Cleopatra VII, Boudicca, Elear of Aquitaine, Joan of Arc, Elizabeth I, Grace O'Malley, Deborah Samson, Nadezda Durova, Harriet Tubman, Anna Etheridge, Soldaderas, Flora Sandes, Lily Litvak, Women of the Warsaw Ghetto, Hanna Reitsch, Ruth Werner, Jeanne Holm, Margaret Thatcher, Women in Today's Armies, Martha McSally and more...
- Author BiographyDr Rosalind Miles, author of Who Cooked the Last Supper?, is a critically acclaimed and internationally bestselling writer, lecturer and BBC broadcaster. Military historian Robin Cross is the number 1 bestselling author of more than thirty books - including Hitler: An Illustrated Life (Quercus) - a Gulf War reporter, and a former adviser to the UK Ministry of Defence.
- Author(s)Robin Cross,Rosalind Miles
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication03/03/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Out-of-print date25/05/2015
- Content Note120 colour illustrations
- Width185 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.