All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe book Warriors of Legend is one of the first of its kind, using a specific Japanese anime/manga series- the megahit Sailor Moon - to teach about Japan. Neophytes to Japan studies will find Warriors of Legend an accessible way to learn about this fascinating country. Those who kw quite a lot about Japan already will find their understanding enhanced by the way the book analyzes the nuances of Tokyo's history and Japanese society. The book also argues that Sailor Moon is a unique series in that it was both internationally popular and strongly structured by the culture of the city of Tokyo and post-Ecomic Bubble Japan.
- Author BiographyJay Navok holds a Masters degree in Regional Studies East Asia from Columbia University and is winner of the Japanese government's 2005 Monbukagakusho research scholarship. Sushil K. Rudranath is a practicing attorney in the state of Florida and holds a Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Florida. Jonathan Mays (Editor) is a freelance writer for Newtype USA, Animerica, Anime Insider, IGN, Protoculture Addicts, and Neo Magazine (UK), and is the Senior Editor of Anime News Network.
- Author(s)Jay Navok
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication16/05/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.