All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn the -holds-barred tradition that has won him so many fans around the world, best-selling author and strategist Ralph Peters confronts the crucial security issues of our time - and the troubled times to come. With his trademark clarity and force, Peters argues that we have left behind the Age of Ideologies to enter a violent period in which ethnicity and religion - blood and faith - will continue to be the source of ferocious rebellions, gecide, and global terrorism. His compelling vision spares neither our foreign policy r our domestic follies as he ruthlessly outlines what it will take to protect our country against this new breed of enemies. Russia is back as an aggressive imperialist power; we have forgotten what it takes to win wars, leading to tragic, unnecessary failures; too many Americans still refuse to take our enemies seriously, even though terrorists and foreign leaders are bent on inflicting apocalyptic destruction on us; those enemies will use nuclear weapons, if allowed to possess them; religious wars are impossible to prevent - because our enemies desire them; the Middle East is headed for greater chaos, and Israel may t survive; civilised approaches to combat longer work; and, pop best-sellers have read globalisation exactly wrong - it's leading the world to divisive crises of identity, t greater unity. Despite these challenges, the United States will remain the world's most successful and greatest power - but the cost will be determined by our willingness to face a new century s brutal realities.
- Author BiographyFox News Strategic Analyst Ralph Peters is the author of 27 books, including bestselling and prize-winning novels. He has experience in over 70 countries and, as a journalist, has covered multiple conflicts. His work has appeared in a wide range of publications and he serves on the advisory board of Armchair General magazine. He lives in Virginia.
- Author(s)Ralph Peters
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Noteb/w maps
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.