Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionHighlights of this fully revised and updated guide are the magnificent medieval fortresses of Warwick and Kenilworth Castles, but this county is also home to some of the most significant developments of England's postwar modern architecture, tably the rebuilt city center of Coventry destroyed in the Blitz. Leamington Spa has fine terraces of the Regency period but most famous of all is the market town of Stratford-upon-Avon where William Shakespeare was born and educated and the houses associated with his family are preserved. Also featured are the area's greatest country houses, from Tudor Compton Wynyates and the moated Baddesley Clinton to Baroque Stoneleigh, Palladian Ragley, and Arbury Hall, one of the finest mansions of the Gothic Revival.
- Author BiographyChris Pickford is an archivist and historian born in Warwickshire.
- Author(s)Chris Pickford,Nikolaus Pevsner
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- Series TitlePevsner Architectural Guides: Buildings of England
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note120 color illus.
- Weight908 g
- Width114 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.