All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKandinsky's claim that art is a spiritual process is the central focus of this study. He believed that this was a process which includes a deeper understanding and harmony between the artist and his environment - beyond what the artist sees with his own eyes and what he feels within himself. This book initially details some of the historical and biographical factors which guided Kandinsky to this conclusion. Then, this study will view the writings of Kandinsky to determine if his statements on artistic philosophy are truly exemplified in the drawing and paintings he created. From these factors, in association with the studies on Kandinsky conducted by other art historians, this study will attempt to prove Kandinsky's claim that art is, in fact, a process of spiritual interaction.
- Author BiographyHae Won Shin, B.F.A., M.A. is a professional artist, photographer, and cinematographer. Her art work has appeared in numerous galleries and publications, her photographs have been seen in over one hundred journals and in a number of books, and she has filmed numerous feature films.
- Author(s)Hae Won Shin
- PublisherBuddha Rose Publications
- Date of Publication26/11/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBuddha Rose Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.