All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionCastleman and Podrazik present a sweeping season-by-season story, capturing the essence of television from its inception to the contemporary era of anytime access and online streaming, including every prime time fall schedule since 1944. The authors have dug through the mounds of obscure facts, offbeat anecdotes, and corporate strategies that have made television a multibillion-dollar industry. Watching TV provides a fascinating history of how the personalities, popular shows, and coverage of key events have evolved across eight decades. Full of facts, firsts, insights, and exploits, as well as rare and memorable photographs, Watching TV is the standard history of American television. This third edition includes coverage up through the mid-2010s and looks ahead to the next waves of change.
- Author BiographyHarry Castleman practices law in Boston and has written seven other popular culture books with Podrazik. He has worked as a media producer and consultant for a number of political organizations and campaigns. He has also been a guest lecturer on TV history at Boston University's College of Communication, USA. Walter J. Podrazik is a communications and logistics consultant. He also serves as television curator at the Museum of Broadcast Communications in Chicago and is regularly quoted in media articles. As an adjunct lecturer at the University of Illinois at Chicago, he teaches television history and analyzes the role of media in politics.
- Author(s)Harry Castleman,Walter J. Podrazik
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication30/12/1999
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleTelevision and Popular Culture
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Note146 black & white illustrations, tables
- Weight1565 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.