Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionWatching the World Change is a unique and powerfully affecting account of the most universally observed news event in human history: the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre on September 11, 2001. David Friend tells the stories behind the images that altered our sense of our world forever, from the happen stance shots taken by standers as the first tower was struck to the scene of three firemen raising the Stars and Stripes at the site that would soon be kwn as Ground Zero. He gives us the experiences of the photographers and rescuers, victims and survivors. He shows how advances in television, digital photography, and the Internet produced an effect whereby more than two billion people saw the terrible events as they happened. He explores the controversy about whether images of 9/11 are redemptive or exploitative, and he shows how photographs help us to witness, to grieve, and finally to understand the unimaginable.
- Author BiographyDavid Friend, Vanity Fair's editor of creative development and formerly Life's director of photography, won an Emmy award for the documentary 9/11. www.watchingtheworldchange.com
- Author(s)David Friend
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2007
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note31 colour images in x 24 pp section
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.