Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to aid garden designers, their clients and contractors in their choice of water garden. By describing some of the commonly followed construction processes and explaining many of the practical design considerations, this book will help readers to avoid many problems and disappointments while their garden or landscape project is still in the design stage. The technical design of both formal and informal water gardens is described, and construction techniques that will be cost-effective yet durable are considered. The other fundamentals of water-level control and maintaining water clarity, both chemically and biologically, are also examined. Several case studies are included that show the design and construction process of individual water-garden projects, and explain the reasoning behind the designs, the negotiations involved and ultimate conclusions, together with schedules of works and budget costs.Salient points: * There is other book on this subject aimed specifically at garden designers and landscape contractors; * Important case studies and costings featured; * Formal (small & largish gardens) and informal (ponds, lakes & waterfalls) water gardens are covered; * 'Before, during & after' photos of construction procedures included; * Detailed plans and line drawings amplify the text; * Detailed consideration of pond or lake lining materials covered; * Author is expert with own company making water gardens since 1982.
- Author BiographyMartin Kelley has been involved in the construction of water gardens for all his working life. After training with Anthony Archer-Wills from 1982, he set up his own company M.W.Kelley Water Gardens in 1993, subsequently trading as Fairwater Limited from 2001. His company is based in Ashington, West Sussex, and has filled commissions in the UK, Ireland, Sweden and elsewhere in Europe.
- PublisherPackard Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2015
- Series TitleWorkshops on Garden Design
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackard Publishing Ltd
- Content Note92 colour photos, 15 plans & line drawings, 3 bills of quantities
- Weight287 g
- Width297 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.