Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.99+ AU $20.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buybrandnewbooks-com
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $280.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor a basic course in water resources engineering. Also appropriate for more advanced undergraduate and graduate courses and as a reference for practicing engineers. Designed to provide a broad coverage of pertinent topics concerning water resource engineering, this text focuses on fundamental topics of hydraulics, hydrology, and water management. Water resources engineering concepts and methods are addressed from the perspective of practical applications in water management and associated environmental and infrastructure management. The focus is on mathematical modeling and analysis using state-of-the-art computational techniques and computer software. The text is written to easily adapt to the spectrum of ways that individual courses and sequences of undergraduate and graduate courses are organized at various universities, providing flexibility for the instructor.
- Author BiographyWesley P. James has over 40 years of experience in hydraulics, hydrology, and water resources engineering, working in federal agencies, private consulting, and universities. He has continued his consulting engineering practice since retiring in 1997 after 26 years with the Civil Engineering Department, Texas A&M University. His teaching, research, and consulting have been in the areas of watershed modeling, remote sensing, groundwater engineering, stormwater management, and design and analysis of hydraulic structures and facilities. Honors include the national J. M. Robbins Excellence in Teaching Award from the Chi Epsilon Civil Engineering Honor Society in 1990. Dr. James holds degrees in Civil Engineering from Montana State University, Purdue University, and Oregon State University. Ralph A. Wurbs is a Professor in the Environmental and Water Resources Engineering Division with the Civil Engineering Department, Texas A&M University. He worked in the water resources program of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for nine years prior to joining the TAMU faculty in 1980. Much of his research and consulting have been related to river basin management. His several teaching awards include the national J. M. Bobbins Excellence in Teaching Award from the Chi Epsilon Civil Engineering Honor Society in 2000. His many publications include two other books published by Prentice Hall: Water Management Models: A Guide to Software (1995) and Modeling and Analysis of Reservoir System Operations (1996). Dr. Wurbs holds degrees from Texas A&M University, University of Texas at Arlington, and Colorado State University.
- Author(s)Ralph A. Wurbs,Wesley P. James
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/12/2001
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Weight1297 g
- Width182 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $101.89Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.