All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWater is an increasingly critical issue at the forefront of global policy change, management and planning. There are growing concerns about water as a renewable resource, its availability for a wide range of users, aquatic ecosystem health, and global issues relating to climate change, water security, water trading and water ethics. This handbook provides the most comprehensive reference ever published on water resource issues. It brings together multiple disciplines to understand and help resolve problems of water quality and scarcity from a global perspective. Its case studies and 'foundation' chapters will be greatly valued by students, researchers and professionals involved in water resources, hydrology, governance and public policy, law, ecomics, geography and environmental studies.
- Author BiographyR. Quentin Grafton is Professor of Economics at Crawford School of Economics and Government at The Australian National University. He is Chairholder of the UNESCO Chair in Water Economics and Transboundary Governance, Director of the Centre for Water Economics, Environment and Policy (CWEEP), and Co-Chair of the ANU Water Initiative - a transdisciplinary research and education initiative in water resource management. Professor Grafton has over 20 years experience in the fields of agriculture, the environment, natural resources and economics. He is the author or editor of 10 books, more than 80 articles in some of the world's leading journals, and numerous chapters in books. Karen Hussey is a Research Fellow at the Crawford School of Economics and Government at The Australian National University, and the ANU Vice Chancellor's Representative in Europe (Brussels). She has published widely in environmental politics and economics, water policy and management and global environment governance. Dr Hussey is Chair of the COST-funded international research initiative 'Accounting for, and managing, the links between energy and water for a sustainable future' and is Co-Chair of the ANU Water Initiative.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/02/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note150 b/w illus. 50 tables
- Weight1690 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byKaren Hussey,R. Quentin Grafton
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.