All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents various approaches to the resolution of the severe water resource issues of the Middle East, with particular emphasis on the Israeli-Palestinian water conflicts. The authors include leading Palestinian and Israeli water experts who have worked together on joint research projects aimed at building up mutual understanding and respect. The studies consider the various approaches that could be used to improve cooperation and solve the problems arising from conflicting interests.
- Author BiographyProfessor HILLEL SHUVAL is Director of the Department of Environmental Health Sciences at the Hadassah Academic College-Jerusalem and Professor Emeritus at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. He served as initiator and co-chairman of the First and Second Israeli-Palestinian International Conferences on Water held in Zurich in 1992 and Antalya, Turkey, 2004. Professor HASSAN DWEIK is a Professor of Polymer and Industrial Chemistry at the Al-Quds University in Jerusalem; he served as the co-Chairman of the Second Israeli-Palestinian International Conference on Water in Antalya in 2004. He is Executive Vice President at Al-Quds University. He has published many articles on environmental issues in Palestine, in particular on water pollution and solid waste management.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication10/11/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleHexagon Series on Human and Environmental Security and Peace
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note81 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1123 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byHassan Dweik,Hillel I. Shuval
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.