All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWater-soluble polymers have been attracting increasing atten- tion because of their utility in industrial applications of great current concern. Perhaps preeminent among these is their ability to flocculate suspended solids, e.g., wastes in municipal sew- age-treatment plants or pulp in papermaking. other important appli- cations are to aid in so-called secondary recovery of petroleum, to reduce turbulent friction of water, and as components of water-based finishes developed in response to environmental con- straints. Some water-soluble polymers have shown interesting bio- logic activity, which is being investigated further. This book is based on papers presented at a symposium held by the American Chemical Society, Division of Organic Coatings and Plastics Chemistry, in New York City on 30-31 August 1972. The large attendance and the favorable response of the audience con- firmed t only our view of the importance of the field but also the need to bring these topics together. The chapters in this book are generally enlarged and more detailed, with more complete bibliographies, than the papers presented at the Symposium. They include t only the important applications described above, but also descriptions of new syntheses and characterization methods.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- Series TitlePolymer Science and Technology
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight863 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byNorbert M. Bikales
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1973
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.