All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI read this wide-ranging and thoughtful book while sitting on the banks of the Ganges near Varanasi-it's a river already badly polluted, and w threatened by the melting of the loss of the glaciers at its source to global warming. Four hundred million people depend on it, and there's backup plan. As Steven Solomon makes clear, the same is true the world over; this volume will give you the background to understand the forces that will drive much of 21st century history. -Bill McKibben In Water, esteemed journalist Steven Solomon describes a terrifying-and all too real-world in which access to fresh water has replaced oil as the primary cause of global conflicts that increasingly emanate from drought-ridden, overpopulated areas of the world. Meticulously researched and undeniably prescient, Water is a stunningly clear-eyed action statement on what Robert F Kennedy, Jr. calls the biggest environmental and political challenge of our time.
- Author BiographySteven Solomon is a journalist who has written for The New York Times, BusinessWeek, The Economist, Forbes, and Esquire, and has commented on NPR's Marketplace. He is also the author of The Confidence Game. Solomon lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Steven Solomon
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.