All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing populations and ecomies have led to an increase in water demand around the globe. However, there are large variations in the amounts of water available, and growing concern surrounding the uncertainty associated with these supplies. This is evident where more than in the dry and arid Arabian peninsula. Global food security also faces an uncertain future. The Gulf states suffer from a substantial food gap, and all the countries in the region are net food importers. The increase in the region's population, rising income levels, and harsh weather conditions that prevent the increase of local food production, have resulted in a vast increase in the region's food imports. In this book, water and food resource management strategies are examined, as well as the policies in the Gulf states, the global geopolitics of water security, future demand trends in the Gulf region, and the particular challenges faced by the UAE in ensuring a reliable supply of food and water in the coming decades.
- Author BiographyThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research is based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Author(s)The Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research
- PublisherEmirates Centre for Strategic Studies & Research, Abu Dhabi
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationAbu Dhabi
- Country of PublicationUnited Arab Emirates
- ImprintEmirates Centre for Strategic Studies & Research, Abu Dhabi
- Content Note58 figures, 52 tables
- Weight930 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.