All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives an overview of advanced emerging techlogies for the detection of a range of waterborne pathogens. The book will present existing methodology and highlight where improvements can be made, as well as have a strong focus on applications and the ways in which new techlogy could be applied in water management. Additionally, it addresses issues of sample preparation (from sampling to concentration and enrichment), a key stage in any detection protocol.
- Author BiographyDr. Helen Bridle holds a 5 year Royal Academy of Engineering/EPSRC Fellowship, exploring methods of detection of waterborne pathogens, at the Institute of Biological Chemistry, Biophysics and Bioengineering at Heriot-Watt University. Prior to starting at Heriot-Watt, she held this Fellowship at the University of Edinburgh. Her PhD was undertaken at Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden and she has also worked as a research assistant at ETH Zurich in Switzerland. She has published 10 papers in high impact academic journals. Dr. Bridle is a Royal Society of Edinburgh Young Academy Member. In 2012, she was a British Science Association Media Fellow at the Scotsman. In the same year she was selected for participation in the Scottish Crucible and the European Science Foundation Junior Summit on Water: Unite and Divide. Dr. Bridle organised the publication of a special issue arising from this junior summit. She is a member of the Journal of Water Resources and Protection editorial board and the Journal of Global Health editorial council.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication23/07/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc.(London) Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byHelen Bridle
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.