All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnn Blockley is a very successful artist, kwn for the invative way in which she uses texture as a key element in her work. This book, in Collins Artist's Studio series, looks at how she achieves her stunning effects and provides essential guidelines for the intermediate painter wishing to develop this aspect of their own painting. Creating texture in watercolour can be quite a challenge but this book provides a fresh approach to the subject. It focuses on a wide range of unusual techniques, some of which depart from the more conventional methods, revealing how to portray texture by a variety of means. Ann explains how to manipulate the paint by lifting out colour, scraping and scratching the paint, and by using additional materials such as wax, clingfilm, salt and metallic pigments. She also explains how the surface itself can play an important role in the effects that can be achieved, and experiments with acrylics, inks, gouache and collage as well as watercolour. In later chapters Ann looks at the creative process and provides insights into how to develop ideas, then concentrates on how to portray texture in specific subjects, such as flowers and foliage, animals, still life, buildings and landscapes. Practical exercises, projects, step-by-step demonstrations and studio tips are included, as well as the work of several guest artists - John Blockley, Moira Huntly and Shirley Trevena.
- Author BiographyAnn Blockley is a well-known watercolour artist and teacher whose work is inspired by the countryside of the Cotswolds. Her paintings can be found in collections throughout the world, and she holds regular exhibitions of her work. She runs very popular watercolour courses and workshops, is the author of several books on painting, and has made two painting DVDs. She also writes regularly for Leisure Painter magazine.
- Author(s)Ann Blockley
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleCollins Artist's Studio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note150 col illus, With index
- Weight750 g
- Width232 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.