All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.22
- AU $28.01Trending at AU $39.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.46
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $21.88
- AU $30.03Trending at AU $32.25
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.83
About this product
- DescriptionMore than any other geographic feature, waterfalls have the power to delight and inspire. Mile for mile, British Columbia boasts perhaps the richest array of waterfalls in the world, with many parks created around awe-inspiring spectacles of falling water. This is the first and only guidebook to focus on BC's spectacular waterfalls. It includes Kinuseo Falls, one of Canada's premier waterfalls, and rewned Helmcken, Hunlen, Takakkaw and Della falls as well as ninety-six lesser-kwn but equally magical locations of cascading splendour, with up-to-date maps and detailed trail descriptions for each destination. Organised by region, each entry has a description of height, geology and geomorphology as well as an explanation of how the falls were discovered and named. Greenfield's expertise in geology, silviculture, ornithology and a love for British Columbia's beautiful backcountry provides fascinating highlights to each site, including which wild flowers, trees and birds to watch for on the trail. Filled with colour photos, useful information, interesting anecdotes and history, this guide will t just get readers there, but will help interpret and enhance their experience. This unique guide is suitable for day-trippers and dedicated backcountry enthusiasts alike.
- Author BiographyTony Greenfield grew up in England, and after graduating from the University of Liverpool with a degree in geography, eventually settled on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. For thirty years Greenfield operated Whiskeyjack Reforestation Ltd, a tree-planting company, which afforded him the opportunity to spend a life in the mountains and visit every remote corner of British Columbia. Since 1979 Greenfield has been involved with the Sunshine Coast Natural History Society and he was a founding member and president of the BC Field Ornithologists. Since 2003 Greenfield has operated Whiskeyjack Nature Tours and offers excursions to Panama, Arizona, Utah, British Columbia and the Yukon.
- Author(s)Tony Greenfield
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Note100+ colour photos & maps
- Weight452 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.