All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Battles of Quatre Bras and Ligny are often overshadowed by the Battle of Waterloo that took place two days later. Yet the events of 16 June 1815 were crucial, as Napoleon missed his chance of achieving a decisive victory. Peter Hofschro[umlaut]er's authoritative guide to these two critical engagements tells the story of the campaign and investigates each battle in detail, and he takes the reader on a fascinating tour of the present-day battlefields. By skilful use of maps, photographs and diagrams, he describes the movements of the armies and analyses the thinking and actions of the commanders.
- Author BiographyPeter Hofschroer is one of the leading authorities on the Napoleonic Wars. He has made a special study of the role of the German forces and of the Battle of Waterloo. His best-known work is 1815 - The Waterloo Campaign, a ground-breaking re-examination of the culminating event of the Napoleonic era.
- Author(s)Peter Hofschroer
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLeo Cooper Ltd
- Content Note100 illustrations, maps
- Weight290 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.