Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
About this product
- DescriptionJune, 1815. The Coldstream Guards and the third guards are waiting impatiently for orders to move into battle against Napoleon and his French army. Every day seems endless as the troops wait for Wellington's orders. When word is finally received, the path to glory it is t quite what the troops were hoping for. Hours of marching during the day are followed by restless nights' sleep in the rain, dampening their spirits and weakening morale. When the group eventually encounter the French in battle, a special command comes from Wellington himself to Colonel James Macdonell of the Coldstream Guards: hold the chateau at Hougoumont and do t let the French pass. What happens next is history.
- Author BiographyAndrew Swanston read a little law and a lot of sport at Cambridge University, and held various positions in the book trade, including being a director of Waterstone & Co, and chairman of Methven's plc, before turning to writing. Inspired by a lifelong interest in seventeenth century history, his 'Thomas Hill' novels are set during the English Civil Wars and the early period of the Restoration. He lives with his wife in Surrey, near to their three children and two grandchildren. His interests include golf, gardening, and drawing.
- Author(s)Andrew Swanston
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.