Waterloo: The History of Four Days, Three Armies and Three Battles by Bernard Cornwell (CD-Audio, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $78.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the internationally bestselling author of the Sharpe vels - this is the true story of Waterloo. On the 18th June, 1815 the armies of France, Britain and Prussia descended upon a quiet valley south of Brussels. In the previous three days the French army had beaten the British at Quatre-Bras and the Prussians at Ligny. The Allies were in retreat. The blood-soaked battle of Waterloo would become a landmark in European history, to be examined over and again, t least because until the evening of the 18th, the French army was close to prevailing on the battlefield. Now, brought to life by the celebrated velist Bernard Cornwell, this is the chronicle of the four days leading up to the actual battle and a thrilling hour-by-hour account of that fateful day. In his first work of n-fiction, Cornwell combines his storytelling skills with a meticulously researched history to give a riveting account of every dramatic moment, from Napoleon's escape from Elba to the smoke and gore of the battlefields. Through letters and diaries he also sheds new light on the private thoughts of Napoleon and the Duke of Wellington, as well as the ordinary officers and soldiers. Published ahead of the upcoming bicentenary in 2015, Waterloo is a tense and gripping story of heroism and tragedy - and of the final battle that determined the fate of Europe.
- Author BiographyBernard Cornwell was born in London, raised in Essex, and now lives mainly in the USA with his wife. In addition to the hugely successful Sharpe novels, Bernard Cornwell is the author of the Starbuck Chronicles, the Warlord series, the Grail Quest and the Alfred series and standalone battle books Azincourt and The Fort.
- Author(s)Bernard Cornwell
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Weight220 g
- Width139 mm
- Height142 mm
- Read byDugald Bruce Lockhart,Bernard Cornwell
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time536
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $39.17
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.48
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.57
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.19
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.94
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.