All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWaters of the Sanjan is fiction based on fact, woven around the life of a kwn (Masai) warrior who lived at the turn of the century. It is an historical vel and the events portrayed were t unusual in the life of a warrior of those times. The customs and traditions are accurate; the places where events took place are real places and to date still go by the same name. The Waters of the Sanjan, translated literally, Inkariak-oo-Sanjan, means The Waters of Sweehearts, and in fact is a place that lies to the North of the famous treeless undulating savannah kwn the world over as The Serengeti, and to the Masai as Sirinket. Isirinket are the people who lived in the w unique Serengeti National Park in Tanzania.
- Author BiographyThe author is perhaps one of the last lifelong European Tanzanian settlers, who possesses an intimate knowledge of the Masai. He has, since childhood, mixed freely in friendship with both their children and the elders, and has had a unique opportunity to observe their way of life and customs.
- Author(s)David Read
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wayne ] Birgit Hendry,Birgit Hendry
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.