Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe most influential scientist of the last century, James Watson has been at dead center in the creation of modern molecular biology. This masterful biography brings to life the extraordinary achievements t only of Watson but also all those working on this cutting edge of scientific discovery, such as Walter Gilbert, Francis Crick, Francois Jacob, and David Baltimore. From the ruthless competition in the race to identify the structure of DNA to a near mutiny in the Harvard biology department, to clashes with ethicists over issues in genetics, Watson has left a wake of detractors as well as fans. Victor McElheny probes brilliantly behind the veil of Watson's own invented persona, bringing us close to the relentless genius and scientific impresario who triggered and sustained a revolution in science.
- Author BiographyVictor K. McElheny is a distinguished science journalist who has covered the revolution in molecular biology for the New York Times, the Boston Globe, and Science for nearly four decades.
- Author(s)Victor K. McElheny
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication15/01/2004
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleA Merloyd Lawrence Book
- Place of PublicationReading, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerseus Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.