Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
About this product
- DescriptionWavelets continue to be powerful mathematical tools that can be used to solve problems for which the Fourier (spectral) method does t perform well or cant handle. This book is for engineers, applied mathematicians, and other scientists who want to learn about using wavelets to analyze, process, and synthesize images and signals. Applications are described in detail and there are step-by-step instructions about how to construct and apply wavelets. The only mathematically rigorous mograph written by a mathematician specifically for nspecialists, it describes the basic concepts of these mathematical techniques, outlines the procedures for using them, compares the performance of various approaches, and provides information for problem solving, putting the reader at the forefront of current research. Written for an interdisciplinary audience of engineers, applied mathematicians, and other scientists with little or kwledge of wavelets, readers with an undergraduate background in applied mathematics or engineering will appreciate this book.
- Author(s)Charles K. Chui
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.