All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive textbook in which the author describes the science of waves in liquids and gases. Drawing on a subject of ermous extent and variety, he provides his readers with a thorough analysis of the most important and representative types of waves including sound waves, shock waves, waterwaves of all kinds, and the so-called internal waves (inside atmospheres and oceans) due to intensity stratification. Emphasis throughout is on the most generally useful fundamental ideas of wave science, including the principles of how waves interact with flows. This standard work on one of the great subdivisions of the dynamics of fluids is lucidly written and will be invaluable to engineers, physicists, geophysicists, applied mathematicians or any research worker concerned with wave motions or fluid fllows. It is especially suitable as a textbook for courses at the final year undergraduate or graduate level.
- Author(s)Sir James Lighthill
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2001
- Series TitleCambridge Mathematical Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note111 b/w illus.
- Weight760 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.