All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on case studies, this book analyzes a recent wave of social movement and protests in the twenty-first century. It has two overarching broadly defined themes: first, to identify commonalities across the social movements and protests in terms of strategies, desire, hopes as well as the main factors in the decline of the movements. And second, to underline the significance of the general ecomic, social, and political conditions in which these protests arose. Although there are specific national and local context-specific reasons for the protests observed in different countries, the gradual integration of the post-war neo-liberal hegemonic world order is the fundamental overarching structural factor behind these protests. From Turkey to Spain, Greece to Mexico, and the Netherlands to the U.S., this book observes that the outsiders of the system resist against the oppression of the neo-liberal world system.
- Author BiographyNahide Konak is associate professor of sociology at Abant Izzet Baysal University. Rasim Ozgur Donmez is associate professor of international relations at Abant Izzet Baysal University.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note2 black & white halftones
- Weight404 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byNahide Konak,Rasim Ozgur Donmez
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.