All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeventeen-year-old Chan's ancestors left a dying Earth hundreds of years ago, in search of a new home. Generations later, they are still searching . . . Every day aboard the interstellar transport ship Australia is a kind of hell, where one is safe, one can hide. Indeed, the only life Chan's ever kwn is one of endless violence. A life of survival. Fiercely independent and entirely self-sufficient, she has learned to keep her head down as much as possible, careful t to draw attention to herself amidst the mayhem. For the Australia is a ship of death, filled with murderous gangs and twisted cults, vying for supremacy in a closed environment with limited resources and hope. And then one day Chan makes an extraordinary discovery--there may be a way to return the Australia to Earth. But doing so will only bring her to the attention of the fanatics and murderers who control life aboard the ship, putting her and everyone she loves in terrible danger. Is it worth endangering her life and the lives of her few friends and loved ones for an uncertain return to a home world that may be uninhabitable? Especially since to do so she must descend into the deep dark in the bowels of the ship, which is piled high with the bodies and the secrets of the dead . . .
- Author BiographyJames Smythe is the author of The Testimony, The Explorer, The Machine, The Echo, and No Harm Can Come to a Good Man. He currently writes a very popular column for The Guardian called Rereading Stephen King and teaches Creative Writing in London.
- Author(s)J P Smythe
- PublisherQuercus Books
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- Series TitleAustralia Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume Number01
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus Books
- Weight318 g
- Width142 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.