All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPartly inspired by my sweet and inquisitive bi-racial son and his diverse friends, We ALL love pancakes is a fun storybook about the importance of kindness, respect, diversity, inclusion and tolerance. However, the book doesn't use any of those complex words or concepts, which are often very difficult for young children to grasp and understand. The book is intended for young children (primarily Preschool age thru Grade 3). The talented illustrator, Jesse Mader, uses vibrant, fun, playful, yet realistic illustrations to bring the story and characters to life. The intention of the book is that the message and characters, which represent diverse races, religous backgrounds and abilities, is relatable to the young reader/child and that he/she recognizes both the similarities and the differences (diversity) of all of the characters. Additionally, I hope that the book and its important messages serve as a vehicle for open, safe and meaningful dialogue for children and their parents/caregivers/educators/clergy and other loved ones. The book also provides an opportunity for parents/caregivers and others to sensitively discuss racial, religious and other types of diversity with children in a nurturing and n-threatening way. Lastly, the pancakes serve as the fun symbolism illustrating the many similarities and the unique differences among the child characters. While the characters all love pancakes, they each have a different favorite kind.
- Author(s)Jennifer Mailey Greevy
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width208 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.