CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionBen: Do you ever worry you'll die without having left a mark? Tom: What about when you won that 3 a.m. break-dancing battle with the overweight Australian girl? Ben: It's t eugh. I want to go down in history. Tom: You're called Ben Dirs. You will. Finely-tuned triathlete Tom Fordyce and hopeless smoker Ben Dirs have made a living blogging for the BBC about the triumphs and tribulations of sport at its highest level -- but they will never be World Champions themselves. Well, unless they can find some really pointless sporting challenges...From the gripping slow-motion drama of the World Sauna Championships to the Cotswold Olympicks, in which 'competitors, wearing boots, attempt to kick each other,' We Could Be Heroes is a collection of brilliantly funny gonzo despatches from the frontline of sport. If you can race Ben Fogle up a Yorkshire hillside carrying a sack of coal, or kick the shin out of Rory McGrath, you could be the Champion of the World -- and what's more, you'll have very, very sore shins, my son.
- Author BiographyBen Dirs and Tom Fordyce are the best 'ball by ball' commentators on the BBC website and blog about cricket (including the Ashes series), rugby, tennis and athletics to a growing and committed fanbase.
- Author(s)Ben Dirs,Tom Fordyce
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/09/2010
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintPan Books
- Out-of-print date05/06/2014
- Content Notecol. ill
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.