All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is longlisted for the William Hill Sports Book of the Year 2016. Set in the smoky, boozy world of professional darts tournaments - and their even boozier aftermath - We Had Some Laughs is Dan Waddell's warm, moving and hilarious account of an unconventional childhood and a unique father. His dad Sid's inimitable commentary helped transform darts from an unfashionable pub game into a hugely popular international sport and young Dan had a ringside seat throughout. Away from the oche, Sid's parenting skills were as quirky as his commentary and Dan recounts life with him in affectionate, uproarious detail (can maybe cut there if space doesn't allow). Among the pearls of fatherly advice Sid passed on to his son included: 'Never, ever trust a man who doesn't drink.' Dan was nine years old...Dan's book is a celebration of people, places and times w gone or changed for ever. But, most of all, it is a story about fathers and sons, and the unshakeable bond between them.
- Author BiographyDan Waddell is a journalist, novelist and author. He covered two seasons of county cricket for the Daily Telegraph and his books include Who Do You Think You Are? and Field of Shadows: The Remarkable True Story of the English Cricket Tour of Nazi Germany, 1937. He captains Acton 2nd XI in the Middlesex County League where he tries and fails to pass on sage advice to young players.
- Author(s)Dan Waddell
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight441 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.