All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a children's picture book. It focuses attention on our kinship with all mammals, us-ing simple text and delightful full-colour illustrations of animal mothers naturally feeding their babies. The illustrations and text highlight sea mammals living in the oceans of our shared planet home. Children learn about the nursing habits of animals they love from all parts of the world -- porpoises, dolphins, sea lions, orca whales and others. The book is ather celebration of the mother-infant bond that is naturally established through nursing. But more, this new book takes a stand for the health of the environment, houring the Earth and all her creatures. Today, the oceans and their inhabitants are threatened by hunters, by the melting of polar ice caps, and by the pollution and debris dumped without conscience into our waters. Yet, careful decisions made by humans can save our planet. We be-lieve that introducing young children to the nursing habits of sea mammals can foster a love and concern that will grow to protect the Earth we love.
- Author BiographyMary Young, MS has 35 years experience as an educator for all ages, teaching for 15 years in a small private school for children, aged 5 to 12 years, and at Prescott College in central Arizona.
- Author(s)Mary Young
- PublisherHohm Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/10/2009
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationPrescot
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHohm Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight90 g
- Width150 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Zachary Parker
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.36
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.56
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $18.98
- AU $8.82Trending at AU $15.37
- AU $10.52Trending at AU $16.70
- AU $10.07Trending at AU $11.20
- AU $19.91Trending at AU $24.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.