All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe readings in this unique anthology give readers a sense of early black feminism across regions, movements and organizations. African American women have been 'up and doing' for their communities for as long as they have been in the United States, and their ability to resist the institution of slavery was central to the survival of African Americans. This anthology gives readers access to African American feminist thought in its foundational period by drawing together key documents from the late 1820s through the 1920s. Going beyond a focus on the 'greats' of black feminism to include lesser kwn figures, We Must Be Up and Doing offers a broad and contextualized look at the critical mass early black feminism achieved by including a variety of genres, such as the spiritual autobiography, the platform speech, periodical articles, pamphlets, fiction, and excerpts from convention and conference proceedings.
- Author BiographyTeresa C. Zackodnick is Professor of English at the University of Alberta.
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byTeresa C. Zackodnick
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.