All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionNever before have the diaries and letters of young people from all sides of World War Two been woven together to provide an account of what it was like to grow up amidst the daily struggles and horrors of this devastating war. We Were Young And At War follows the stories of sixteen teenage boys and girls who write with a disarming directness about their reactions to and experiences of a very adult war. They are British, French, American, Japanese, Polish, German and Russian, each with a unique and heart-rending tale to tell. Only two of them are alive today. Some of them fought and died in the war, others starved to death; many were separated from their families. All were forced to grow up quickly, their lives changed beyond all recognition by their experiences. This is their story.
- Author BiographySarah Wallis was born in America and moved to Britain as a child. She finished her degree in Russian and German the year the Berlin Wall came down. Sarah has worked on several major historical documentaries including the BBC series People's Century, the RTS award-winning Homecoming, and the Channel 4 series The First World War. Svetlana Palmer was born in Moscow and has lived in Britain since 1990. She has worked on acclaimed historical television series including the Bafta-nominated The Cold War, the award-winning The Second World War In Colour and Channel 4's The First World War. This is their second book together. The first, A War In Words: The First World War in Diaries and Letters was published in 2003. They both live in North London.
- Author(s)Sarah Wallis,Svetlana Palmer
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication27/05/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note(b/w illus throughout)
- Weight328 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.