All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA training manual designed to assist organizations or individuals to facilitate the building of independent home-based worker organizations. Home-based working is defined as paid employment in the home or in a building or yard near the home, for example traditional crafts, making clothes and shoes, or basic clerical work. Millions of women around the world take up this form of employment. However, there is rarely a regular supply of work, home-based workers do t usually have any rights such as the right to a minimum wage, social security or a pension. These workers are rarely counted in official statistics or recognized by trade unions. Drawing on experience in Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe, this practical manual outlines training in mapping , a successful strategy for organizing and empowering home-based workers. It presents ideas, activities, and handouts around which a wide range of training sessions may be built.
- Author BiographyKate works as a researcher with the Gender and Health Group at Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine. She focussed her MA dissertation on disability and poverty and the employment prospects for visually impaired people in South India. After graduation she went on to work on a DfID-funded project for a UK-based labour rights NGO, writing a training manual for women worker organising in South Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Author(s)Kate Jehan
- PublisherPractical Action Publishing
- Date of Publication02/06/2010
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationRugby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPractical Action Publishing
- Content Note19 black & white line drawings, 8 colour illustrations, 6 colour line drawings
- Weight1496 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine60 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.