Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description***Shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2014*** Rosemary's young, just at college, and she's decided t to tell anyone a thing about her family. So we're t going to tell you too much either: you'll have to find out for yourselves, round about page 77, what it is that makes her unhappy family unlike any other. Rosemary is w an only child, but she used to have a sister the same age as her, and an older brother. Both are w gone - vanished from her life. There's something unique about Rosemary's sister, Fern. And it was this decision, made by her parents, to give Rosemary a sister like other, that began all of Rosemary's trouble. So w she's telling her story: full of hilarious asides and brilliantly spiky lines, it's a looping narrative that begins towards the end, and then goes back to the beginning. Twice. It's funny, clever, intimate, honest, analytical and swirling with ideas that will come back to bite you. We hope you enjoy it, and if, when you're telling a friend about it, you do decide to spill the beans about Fern - it's pretty hard to resist - don't worry. One of the few studies Rosemary doesn't quote says that spoilers actually enhance reading.
- Author BiographyKaren Joy Fowler is the author of six novels and three short story collections. The Jane Austen Book Club spent thirteen weeks on the New York Times bestsellers list and was a New York Times Notable Book. Fowler's previous novel, Sister Noon, was a finalist for the 2001 PEN/Faulkner Award for fiction. Her debut novel, Sarah Canary, was a New York Times Notable Book, as was her second novel, The Sweetheart Season. Fowler's short story collection Black Glass won the World Fantasy Award in 1999, and her collection What I Didn't See won the World Fantasy Award in 2011. We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves won the 2014 PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction. Fowler and her husband, who have two grown children and five grandchildren, live in Santa Cruz, California.
- PrizesWinner of Specsavers National Book Awards: International Author of the Year 2014. Shortlisted for Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2014.
- Author(s)Karen Joy Fowler
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSerpent's Tail
- Weight280 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
Most relevant reviews
- 2014.saw30 Jun, 2016by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $86.23
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.73Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.