We are Penn State: The Remarkable Journey of the 2012 Nittany Lions by Lou Prato (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo college football program has ever had to deal with the obstacles, hostility, and challenges encountered by the players and coaches of the 2012 Penn State Nittany Lions, and this book is an account of that unforgettable season in which the team rebounded from a disillusioning 0-2 start to surprise everyone and finish with an 8-4 record, third best in the Big Ten Conference. The turmoil at Penn State began in early November 2011 with the shocking arrest of retired assistant coach Jerry Sandusky for multiple charges of sexual child abuse, and within days legendary head coach Joe Pater was fired in what would be termed the biggest scandal in college football history. By the end of January, Pater was dead from lung cancer and a new head coach without any Penn State connections, Bill O'Brien, began putting together his staff while finishing up his job as offensive co-ordinator of the Super Bowl bound New England Patriots. 'We Are Penn State' tells the story of how this team overcame unprecedented NCAA sanctions, including a four-year bowl ban and the loss of 45 scholarships over the same period, the transfer of several of its star players, and overwhelming predictions that the 2012 season would be a disaster to put together a successful season and restore some dignity to what was once considered one of the elite programs in college football.
- Author BiographyLou Prato is a veteran print and broadcast journalist who covers Nittany Lions sports for various magazines, including two publications dedicated to Penn State football fans, Blue White Illustrated and Fight On State magazine. He is the author or coauthor of several other books about Penn State football, including Game Changers: Penn State, The Penn State Football Encyclopedia, The Penn State Football Vault, and What It Means to Be a Nittany Lion. He was hired by Penn State to help organize and start the Penn State All-Sports Museum and became the museum's first director. He lives in Centennial Hills, Pennsylvania. Bill O'Brien is the head football coach at Penn State University. He led the 2012 Nittany Lions to an 8-4 record and was named ESPN's National Coach of the Year. He was formerly a New England Patriots assistant under Bill Belichick for five seasons. He lives in State College, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Lou Prato
- PublisherTriumph Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width125 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Foreword byBill O'Brien
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.