All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on archival research, oral history interviews, and participant observation, this examination of the adoption and adaptation of Mod style across geographic space also maps its various interpretations over time, from the early 1960s to the present. The book traces the Mod youth culture from its genesis in the dimly lit clubs of London's Soho, where it began as a way for young people to reconfigure modernity after the chaos of World War II, to its contemporary, country-specific expressions. By examining Mod culture in the United States, Germany, and Japan alongside the United Kingdom, We Are the Mods contrasts the postwar development of Mod in those countries that lost the war with those that won. The book illuminates the culture's fashion, music, icography, and gender aesthetics, to create a compelling portrait of a transnational subculture.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Christine Jacqueline Feldman received her Ph.D. in communication and a doctoral certificate in cultural studies from the University of Pittsburgh. A recipient of numerous scholarly accolades, she was a 2006-2007 German-American Fulbright Fellow at the Forschungsstelle fur Zeitgeschichte in Hamburg. She is also the author of Austin Powers: Reinventing the Myth of Mod Spies and Swingers featured in the anthology Secret Agents: Popular Icons Beyond James Bond (Peter Lang, 2009).
- Author(s)Christine Jacqueline Feldman-Barrett
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleMediated Youth
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight410 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.