All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the first headlines screaming Gold! Gold! Gold! in 1896, the Klondike Gold Rush was on--and it almost instantly became the stuff of legend. One of the key figures in the early discoveries that set off the gold rush was the Tagish wife of prospector George Carmack, Kate Carmack, whose fascinating story is told in full here for the first time. In Wealth Woman, Deb Vanasse recounts Kate's life from her early years on the frontier with George, through the history-making discovery of gold, and on to her subsequent fame, when she traveled alone down the West Coast through Washington and California, telling her story and fighting for her wealth, her family, and her reputation. Recovering the lost story of a true pioneer and a fiercely independent woman, Wealth Woman brings gold rush Alaska to life in all its drama and glory.
- Author BiographyDeb Vanasse lives outside Anchorage and is a cofounder of the 49 Alaska Writing Center. Her previous books include Cold Spell, Black Wolf of the Glacier, and Lucy's Dance, all published by the University of Alaska Press.
- Author(s)Deb Vanasse
- PublisherUniversity of Alaska Press
- Date of Publication08/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationFarmington Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Alaska Press
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.