All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is devoted to consideration of the ordnance, munitions and equipment for war - the raison d'etre for the building of the Mary Rose. It begins with a full description of the guns, followed by discussion of the many objects that relate to their use: the shot, the gunpowder and the items needed for loading and firing, as well the experiments that have been carried out in the manufacture and use of specific gun types, carriages and other items. This is followed by chapters dealing with other ordnance: incendiaries, hand guns, staff weapons and archery equipment. The volume concludes with a drawing together of all the evidence to present a detailed consideration of the ship as a fighting unit and an indication of some of the major topics that still require research.Please te that the reduced copies are damaged - the slipcase is either split or missing entirely.
- Author BiographyAlexzandra Hildred is Curator of Ordnance at The Mary Rose Trust and a leading authority on Tudor ordnance and maritime archaeology.
- Author(s)Alexzandra Hildred
- PublisherMary Rose Trust Limited
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMary Rose Trust Limited
- Content Note2 vols, over 700 b/w illus and 16 pages of col pls
- Weight1882 g
- Width213 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAlexzandra Hildred
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.