All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe memoir of iconic tattoo artist Ed Hardy from his beginnings in 1960s California, to leading the tattoo renaissance and building his name into a hugely lucrative international brand Ed Hardy is emblazoned on everything from t-shirts and hats to perfumes and energy drinks. From LA to Japan, his colorful cross-and-bones designs and ribbon-banners have become internationally ubiquitous. But long before the fashion world discovered his iconic designs, the man behind the eponymous brand spearheaded thing less than a cultural revolution.In Wear Your Dreams, Ed Hardy recounts his genesis as a tattoo artist and leader in the movement to recognize tattooing as a valid and rich art form, through to the ultimate transformation of his career into a multi-billion dollar branding empire. From giving colored pencil tattoos to neighborhood kids at age ten to working with legendary artists like Sailor Jerry to learning at the feet of the masters in Japan, the book explains how this Godfather of Tattoos fomented the explosion of tattoo art and how his influence can be witnessed on everyone, from countless celebs to ink-adorned rockers to butterfly-branded, stroller-pushing moms. With over fifty different product categories, the Ed Hardy brand generates over $700 million in retail sales annually. Vividly packaged with original Ed Hardy artwork and ideal for ink devotees and Ed Hardy aficionados alike, Wear Your Dreams is a never-before-seen look at the tattoo artist who rocked the art world and has left a permanent mark on fashion history.
- Author BiographyA leader in the tattoo world, ED HARDY's renown led to a lucrative licensing agreement in 2004 that made Ed Hardy an international retail and lifestyle phenomenon. He currently splits his time between San Francisco, California, and Honolulu, Hawaii. Coauthor JOEL SELVIN, who has covered pop music since 1970 for the San Francisco Chronicle, coauthored the #1 New York Times bestselling Red and authored the award winning Ricky Nelson and Summer of Love. He lives in San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)Ed Hardy
- PublisherThomas Dunne Books
- Date of Publication08/07/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Dunne Books
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight544 g
- Width155 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.