All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the field of tribology, the wear behaviour of polymers and composite materials is considered a highly n-linear phemen. Wear of Polymers and Composites introduces fundamentals of polymers and composites tribology. The book suggests a new approach to explore the effect of applied load and surface defects on the fatigue wear behaviour of polymers, using a new tribometer and thorough experiments. It discusses effects of surface cracks, under different static and cyclic loading parameters on wear, and presents an intelligent algorithm, in the form of a neural network, to map the relationship between wear rate and relevant factors. Using the aforementioned method leads to more accurate and cost effective prediction of surface fatigue wear rates, under different service conditions. The first three chapters of the book introduce polymers and composite materials tribology, followed by three chapters that cover testing in wear, applied load and contact pressure and surface defects. The remaining chapter moves on to predicting wear of polymers, and concludes by discussing questions and problems. * Prepares senior undergraduates as well as postgraduate students* Focuses on the factors influencing wear of polymers and composites* Contains detailed design of Tribometer, wear test procedures and detailed dataset of more than 50 experimental wear tests* Introduces an artificial neural network approach as one of the recently developed wear prediction models.
- Author BiographyDr. Ahmed Abdelbary holds a B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from the Military Technical College in Cairo, Egypt, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from Alexandria University, Egypt. He has an academic research experience in studying wear of polymers since 1999. He is a full member of the Egyptian Society of Tribology EGTRIB. His areas of technical expertise extend to design and manufacture of multiple mechanical systems. He has published several papers on tribology of polymers.
- Author(s)Ahmed Abdelbary
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication09/01/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.