All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince its original inception back in 1989 the Web has changed into an environment where Web applications range from small-scale information dissemination applications, often developed by n-IT professionals, to large-scale, commercial, enterprise-planning and scheduling applications, developed by multidisciplinary teams of people with diverse skills and backgrounds and using cutting-edge, diverse techlogies. As an engineering discipline, Web engineering must provide principles, methodologies and frameworks to help Web professionals and researchers develop applications and manage projects effectively. Mendes and Mosley have selected experts from numerous areas in Web engineering, who contribute chapters where important concepts are presented and then detailed using real industrial case studies. After an introduction into the discipline itself and its intricacies, the contributions range from Web effort estimation, productivity benchmarking and conceptual and model-based application development methodologies, to other important principles such as usability, reliability, testing, process improvement and quality measurement. This is the first book that looks at Web engineering from a measurement perspective. The result is a self-containing, comprehensive overview detailing the role of measurement and metrics within the context of Web engineering. This book is ideal for professionals and researchers who want to kw how to use sound principles for the effective management of Web projects, as well as for courses at an advanced undergraduate or graduate level.
- Author BiographyDr. Emilia Mendes has worked in software development and management for 10 years, before obtaining her PhD and becoming a full-time academic in Computer Science at the University of Auckland, NZ. She is the principal investigator in the Tukutuku Research project, which aims to collect data about Web projects and use it to develop Web cost estimation models and to benchmark productivity across and within Web Companies. She is the director of the WETA (Web Engineering, Technology and Applications) research group. She has presented numerous lectures, conference presentations and workshops on Web cost estimation and chaired an industry workshop in January 2004 on Web cost estimation and productivity benchmarking (Auckland, NZ). She has provided consulting for Web companies on Web cost estimation, usability and process improvement. She is part of the organising committee for the 2005 International Conference on Web Engineering and is co-chairing a workshop on Web measurement and metrics at the 2005 World-Wide Web conference. Dr. Nile Mosley is Director of MetriQ (NZ) Limited which specialises in the development of time and project management software tools. He has co-authored with Dr. Mendes several conference and journals papers on Web cost estimation and Web sizing.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication08/12/2005
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note143 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight898 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byEmilia Mendes,Nile Mosley
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.