All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoost teacher/student Web literacy while using the Internet to enrich classroom instruction! This practical guidebook helps both teachers and students effectively find, sort, and evaluate information on the Web and illustrates how to use the Internet as a powerful tool for strengthening critical thinking skills across all content areas and grade levels. The author offers methods to conduct smarter, faster, and more productive student research and provides basic steps to help learners judge information for quality and validity. This resource covers: Formative assessments in each chapter Need-to-kw information for studentsAe out-of-school, unfiltered researchTips for addressing plagiarismCommonly-used termilogy
- Author BiographyAlan November began his education career as a science and math teacher and a residential dorm counselor on an island reform school in Boston Harbor. November went on as a teacher and administrator in the Boston Public Schools, Lexington and Wellesley (Massachusetts) Public Schools, and the Glenbrook High Schools in Illinois. He has also taught in the graduate schools of education at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, and Seton Hall in New Jersey. He was the cofounder of the Institute for Education Leadership and Technology at Stanford University. He has presented in all 50 states, every province of Canada, across Europe, Asia, Central America, and South Africa. He is most proud of being named one of the first Christa McAuliffe Educators in the United States. November is the author of the best-selling book Empowering Students With Technology. Each July, November leads the international Building Learning Communities summer conference near Boston.
- PrizesWinner of ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award: Education 2008.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight307 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byAlan C. November
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.