Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures, and Cloud Computing: The Savvy Manager's Guide by Douglas K. Barry (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $63.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWeb Services, Service-Oriented Architectures, and Cloud Computing is a jargon-free, highly illustrated explanation of how to leverage the rapidly multiplying services available on the Internet. The future of business will depend on software agents, mobile devices, public and private clouds, big data, and other highly connected techlogy. IT professionals will need to evaluate and combine online services into service-oriented architectures (SOA), often depending on Web services and cloud computing. This can mean a fundamental shift away from custom software and towards a more nimble use of semantic vocabularies, middle-tier systems, adapters and other standardizing aspects. This book is a guide for the savvy manager who wants to capitalize on this techlogical revolution. It begins with a high-level example of how an average person might interact with a service-oriented architecture, and progresses to more detail, discussing technical forces driving adoption and how to manage techlogy, culture and personnel issues that can arise during adoption. An extensive reference section provides quick access to commonly used terms and concepts. * Broad, n-technical explanation of a technical topic for managers at all levels* Only web services book to cover data management and software engineering perspectives; excellent resource for all members of IT teams* Provides a set of leadership principles and suggested applications for using this techlogy
- Author BiographyDouglas K. Barry specializes in enterprise architecture with an emphasis in service-oriented architecture, database systems, and object technology, His practice is aimed at accelerating your understanding and use of software technology. He is an author, columnist, guest lecturer, international speaker, and mentor. Mr. Barry has consulted to over 80 companies operating in the areas of finance, stock trading, computer-aided design, telecommunications, electronic catalogs, software development, manufacturing, and military applications.
- Author(s)Douglas K. Barry
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Series TitleThe Savvy Manager's Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.